Monday, September 6, 2010

Odd Illustration/Sketch Assortment

I've been really bad about posting, so here's an odd assortment of drawings that I've done lately.

I really need to get better at drawing caricatures of people. To practice I drew a bunch of people I knew. I'm also a huge dork for His Dark Materials, so I gave them all daemons.

This is my half of an art trade I did with my friend Josh. These are his characters, who I don't think have names yet.

And this is a piranha. The drawing is a sketch I did at the zoo. I'm not sure why I decided to color it. I was just in the mood to Photoshop paint something, I guess.

This is a creature I drew in my sketchbook that I particularly liked. I'm not particularly great at coming up with cool-sounding names, so I've just been calling it the Beartiger. I've been drawing a lot of creatures with big forearms and long claws lately. Also, while I was absorbed in trying to make interesting stripes, I accidentally drew a "ro" on his back leg. For some reason I didn't notice it until I was almost finished with all the color, so I just left it. It does bother me a bit, though. Oh well.

beartiger

This creature is also submitted as a designer toy concept on Patch Together. If you're at all interested, please follow the link on the image and vote for it.

No comments: