Monday, March 3, 2014

3D project progress and some drawings

Seemed like it was time for an update, so here are a few things I've been working on.

The creature (who still needs a name of some sort) is almost done, I think.  I'm planning to just finish up his normal and displacement maps, render him nicely, and call him done.  At some point I might go back and work on giving him full textures, but for now I just need to finish things, which has been pretty difficult for me to do while working.



 

My friend Simone Brundisini asked me to model a 3D head for a stop motion puppet he's building.  The plan is to composite the 3D face onto the stop motion puppet for a short test to see if that process is doable and appealing.  Right now I'm trying to find the balance between matching the proportions of the drawing and giving the character appeal in 3D space.  The character design and linework is by Carlo Gemmani.
  

And here are some 2D things.  Mostly just practicing painting on some faces I had in my sketchbook.
 




No comments: