Saturday, November 6, 2010

Some VFS Assignments - Compositions and Celebrity Head Sculpt

What do zombies and Bill Hader's head have in common? Nothing really other than the fact that they were both VFS assignments.

As an introduction to Zbrush our first modeling assignment was to sculpt a celebrity's head from a sphere. I chose Bill Hader because I thought he had an interesting face with really funny expressions. Once I got used to the wonky camera controls, I really enjoyed Zbrush. Since this is sculpted from a sphere, the topology is pretty gross. It'll be neat to start importing geometry from Maya.




The zombies are from an assignment where we drew the same scene in sedate, alert, and dynamic compositions. It was close to Halloween so the teacher gave the project a Halloween theme.

1 comment:

Brandon Meharg said...

These are both awesome! I've been customizing action figures, and have been looking for a Bill Hader head sculpt to make a Barry (from HBO's Barry... Great show) do you sell your files by chance bc I have a friend that can 3d print it If he had the file. Feel free to email me
Brandonthedecoy28@gmail.com thanks